Hatterthon, Stetson University's Miracle Network Dance Marathon, is a year-round student-led initiative to raise awareness and give back to the local community that culminates in a ten-hour event celebrating local children whose lives have been impacted by Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, our local Children's Miracle Network hospital.
Throughout this philanthropic program, one hundred percent of the proceeds directly support Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital and are used to purchase life-saving medical equipment and provide a wide range of services that might not otherwise be possible.
At the event, the Stetson and DeLand communities come together to celebrate fundraising success for the year alongside patients and families who have been impacted by our hospital. Participants stand for ten hours in honor of the children treated at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital, learn a line dance from our morale team, hear stories from Miracle Families and join in the fun of theme hours and other activities. At the end of the event, the fundraising total for the year is finally revealed.
Apply today to become part of our leadership team. Being part of Hatterthon's Exec team is a wonderful opportunity to develop leadership skills, gain skills related to your future career, and make an impact on this wonderful program. If you have questions about this opportunity, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].
History of Hatterthon:
Over the past six years as a program, Hatterthon has been able to $328,071.17 to support children's health in our local community. each year, we strive to push a little hard because the need in our community continues to grow as we see our community grow and continue to see children brought into our local children's hospital every day. We invite our community to join us in our efforts to make even more miracles possible for the kids being treated at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for children as we work to ensure that these children get to celebrate more birthdays each year.
To embrace the values of Stetson University and empower our students to impact the health and well-being of patients at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children through raising funds and awareness.
There are tons of opportunities to get involved in Hatterthon throughout the year including registering as a Miracle Maker, participating in events and getting involved in a leadership role.
- What is a Miracle Maker? - Miracle Makers are the participants in Hatterthon that make this program possible. Miracle Makers can be students, faculty, staff, and alumni that want to get involved, support the cause, and have fun. Register as a Miracle Maker on DonorDrive.
Hatterthon involves many student leaders to make this event possible including:
- Hatterthon Management - These are the top leaders of our program that oversee our executive team and help lead the direction of the organization.
- Hatterthon Executive Team - These are some of our key leaders of the Hatterthon movement that develop events, lead our captains, oversee fundraising, direct marketing, and make the Hatterthon movement come alive.
- Hatterthon Morale Captains - These student leaders bring the spirit and traditions alive within Hatterthon and help remind our Miracle Makers why they are part of Hatterthon. They also work to motivate our teams and support them throughout the year.
- Team Captains - These student leaders support the recruitment, training, and involvement of Miracle Makers within their Team to push their team to the best of their ability to support the cause.
Within this amazing network of student leaders, Hatterthon is able to make all the initiatives and programs throughout the year possible. Applications for these roles are available at key times in the spring and fall on Stetson ULead.