T. Hunter Murphy
Engagement and Learning Librarian
- MLIS, University of south Florida, 2018
- Information literacy
- Research skills
Area of Expertise
- Library and Information science
- Engagement and digital outreach
As the Engagement and Learning Librarian at Stetson's duPont-Ball Library, Hunter Murphy brings 20 years of library experience to campus, most recently serving as an Information Desk and Instruction Librarian at Lynn University. Hunter has experience teaching information literacy skills and research strategies to various library constituencies, and has worked with faculty to develop course-specific instruction sessions. He is known for his engaging manner in the classroom, working specifically to tailor instruction to the learning styles of Digital Natives and Generation Z students. He manages the library's social media channels and has published two novels, Imogene in New Orleans and The Curse of the Bridal Chamber. He earned a bachelor's degree in English Literature from the University of Alabama at Birmingham and a master's degree in Library and Information Science from the University of South Florida.
- Information Literacy
- Library engagement
- Creative practice
- Murphy, H. (2020, June 26). The library "Oscars": Comparing an employee video-training initiative at two academic libraries. Journal of Creative Library Practice. Retrieved from https://creativelibrarypractice.org/2020/06/26/the-library-oscars-comparing-an-employee-video-training-initiative-at-two-academic-libraries/
- Murphy, H. (2016). The curse of the bridal chamber: An Imogene and the boys novel. Rolltop Publishing.
- Murphy, H. (2014). Imogene in New Orleans. Rolltop Publishing.
- Murphy, H. (2012, March 21). The greatest bromances in southern literature. Deep South Magazine. Retrieved from https://deepsouthmag.com/2012/03/21/the-greatest-bromances-in-southern-literature/