Assistant Professor of Counselor Education
I believe that counseling is an incredibly important field and am grateful to be a part of each of my students' journeys. I value promoting balance and personal wellness for my clients, students and supervisees, and I love having the opportunity to do so at Stetson!
- PhD, counselor education, University of Central Florida
- MA, counselor education, University of Central Florida
Page Thanasiu is the director of Stetson University's graduate level Play Therapy Certificate program and teaches within all three Counselor Education programs. She is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor, a National Certified Counselor and an approved supervisor for registered mental health counselor interns in the state of Florida. Her areas of expertise include play and filial therapies as well as working within the systems of infant mental health. Thanasiu has experience counseling children, adolescents and their families in multiple environments including in-home, school, inpatient and outpatient settings. Her specialized interests within the field of counseling include grief and traumatic loss, and she works with a local agency to incorporate interested students into the treatment of children within these populations early in the students' training. Thanasiu presents at local, national and international conferences and maintains professional memberships in the American Counseling Association, the European Branch - American Counseling Association and the Association for Play Therapy.
More About Page Thanasiu
Areas of Expertise
- Play therapy
- Trauma counseling
- Expressive arts counseling
- Professional gatekeeping
- Human Relations, Methods and Skills
- Counseling Theories
- Human Development
- Career Development
- Counseling Children and Adolescents
- Practicum for Marriage, Couple and Family
- Practicum for Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Internship I for Marriage, Couple and Family
- Internship I for Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Internship II for Marriage, Couple and Family
- Internship II for Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Filial and play therapies
- Infant mental health
- Professional gatekeeping
- Walter, S. M. and Thanasiu, P. L. (2011). Enhancing role play activities with pocket camcorder technology: Strategies for counselor educators. Journal for Creativity in Mental Health, 6(4), 284-297.
- Casado-Kehoe, M., Vanderbleek, L., and Thanasiu, P. L. (2007). Play in couples counseling. The Family Journal, 15, 133-136.
- Thanasiu, P. L. (2004). Childhood sexuality: Discerning healthy from abnormal behaviors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 26(4), 309-320.