Mary Jo Jackson
Associate Professor of Management
Jackson has won multiple awards for her distinguished research and show of excellence in her field. Her student involvement includes serving as faculty advisor of Delta Sigma Pi, the Student Athlete Advising Council and the local sorority Sigma Delta Chi.
- Ph.D., University of West Florida
- M.B.A., University of Florida
- B.S., University of Florida
- B.A., University of Florida
- Cross-Cultural Dynamics and Management
- Human Relations, Leadership and Teamwork
- Designing and Empowering Organizational Cultures
Areas of Expertise
Mary Jo Jackson has experience teaching in the subjects of organizational behavior, leadership, strategic management, human resources and more. She has won multiple awards for her distinguished research and show of excellence in her field. Jackson's student involvement includes serving as faculty advisor of Delta Sigma Pi, the Student Athlete Advising Council and the local sorority Sigma Delta Chi. Jackson is the editor of the Journal of Business and Entrepreneurship and serves on the executive board of the Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ASBE) as President-Elect.
She is also a board member of Southern Management Association (SMA) and has served as Director of Placement for the Academy of Management (AOM) and President of the Association of Business Simulation and Experiential Learning (ABSEL). Jackson's previous administrative experience includes serving as the co-director of the MBA program; the coordinator of summer session and May term; and faculty athletic representative.
- "The Misuse of Student Evaluations of Teaching: Implications, Suggestions and Alternatives", (2015) Jackson, MJ & Jackson, WT. Academy of Educational Leadership Journal (AELJ) Vol#19 Issue 3 p. 165-173.
- "Social Enterprises and Social Entrepreneurs: One Size Does Not Fit All" (2014) Jackson, W.T.; Jackson, M.J. Academy of Entrepreneurship Journal (AEJ) Vol 2, #2, p. 152-163.
- "Ability to Differentiate and Its Impact on Employment Interview Decision-Making" (2013) Segrest, S., Trocchia, P., Jackson, MJ Journal of Management and Marketing Research, Vol 12.
- "Quality as a Gap Analysis of College Students Expectations" (2011) Jackson, MJ, Helms, M., & Ahmadi, M. Quality Assurance in Education, Vol. 19 No. 4, 392-412.
- "Student Expectations of Technology-Enhanced Pedagogy: A Ten Year Comparison" (2011) Jackson, MJ, Helms, M, Jackson, WT & Gum, J.R. Journal of Education for Business, Vol. 86 Issue 5, 294-301.
- "The Effects of Emotional Intelligence, Age, Work Experience, and Academic Performance" (2010) Shipley, N. Jackson, M.J. & Segrest, S.L. Research in Higher Education Journal. Vol. 9.