Visiting Assistant Professor of Education
Dr. Sabina has been in education for the past 16 years and has served as a business, mathematics, computer science, economics and social studies teacher and elementary school administrator.
- Ph.D., educational leadership, University of Pittsburgh
- M.B.A., business administration, Oklahoma State University
- M.Ed., early childhood education, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- M.S., instructional leadership and instructional technology, Robert Morris University
- B.S., business education, Robert Morris University
- Curriculum and Instructional Development
- School Finance
- Educational Management and Systems Planning
- Internship: Educational Leadership
Areas of Expertise
- Educational leadership
- Comparing curriculums
Lou L. Sabina is currently a visiting assistant professor in the Department of Education at Stetson University in DeLand, Florida, where he teaches courses in educational leadership. He has been in education for the past 16 years and has served as a business, mathematics, computer science, economics and social studies teacher and elementary school administrator.
Sabina is a master reviewer with Quality Matters and had reviewed over 50 online courses for accreditation. He has worked for Pearson with educational test development and has worked in accreditation in his three previous positions. Sabina's hobbies include collecting video games (where he owns one of the 10 largest video game collections in the United States), traveling across the United States to amusement parks, saving and rescuing cats, professional wrestling and wine tasting. Sabina and his wife, Kiara, currently reside in DeLand, Florida.
- PK-12 organizational issues in education: staffing, human resources development, success planning for school administrators, comparative and international education and school finance issues
- Mendez, J.P., Sabina, L., Loffi, J. (2016). Colleges and Universities Sticking to Their Guns? Journal of Emergency Management.
- Sabina, L., Curry, K.A., Harris E.L., Krumm B.L., & Vencill V. (2016). Assessing the Performance of a Cohort-Based Using Domestic and International Practices. In Contemporary Approaches to Dissertation Development and Research Methods (pp. 256-272). IGI Global.
- Curry K.A., Sabina, L., & Loffi, J. (2015). A Comparative Analysis of the 2010 and 2014 AP U.S. History Frameworks. 1889 Institute, 1-29.
- Sabina, L. (2015). Montana. Journal of Education Finance, 41(2), 244-247.
- Russell, J.L., & Sabina, L. (2014). Planning for Principal Succession. Journal of School Leadership, 24(4), 599-632.
- Sabina, L. (2011). Teacher, Principal, Professor. In Beyond the Comparative (pp. 145-151). SensePublishers.