Assistant Professor of Management
Dr. Hall is a dedicated educator and researcher in the areas of leadership and human resource management. She draws on her combination of academic training and industry experience in management and talent development to deliver exceptional experiences for graduate and undergraduate students. She promotes high-impact learning strategies and fosters quality connections with students within and beyond the classroom.
- D.BA, management, Kennesaw State University, 2016
- MS, business administration, Stetson University, 2011
- Human Resource Management
- Managing Employee Performance & Learning
- Managing Compensation & Benefits
- Organizational Behavior
- Leadership Development Foundation
- Leading Teams and Developing Relationships
- Leadership Capstone
- Executive Coaching
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Kelly Hall is an Assistant Professor of Management in the Stetson School of Business Administration. Dr. Hall completed her doctoral studies at Kennesaw State University, where she was recognized as the 2016 Outstanding Graduate of the Coles College of Business, Doctor of Business Administration program. In addition to her academic training, Dr. Hall is a certified Executive Life Coach.
Dr. Hall has been recognized with Stetson's Distinguished EMBA Professor Award, and she has a passion for blending research with course design to create a synergy between scholarship and teaching. Her research focuses on employee learning, reflection, and related human resource and behavioral topics. She is an active member of management organizations, including Academy of Management, Southern Management Association, and Academy of Human Resource Development.
- Learning, feedback and performance evaluation
- Leadership development
- Employee training and development
- Reflection and counterfactual thinking in the workplace
- Strategic human resource practices
- Matthews, R. L. & Hall, K. R. (2019). Gender differences in opportunity recognition and exploitation of new markets. Journal of Business and Entrepreneurship.
- Croom, R. M., Hall, K. R., & Holmes, J. J. (2019). Teaching about planning as a function of management: The paper planes exercise. Journal of the Academy for Business Education.
- Matthews, R. L., Hall, K., Matthews, L. M. (2017). Cognition and social cognition insights to inform interactive perspectives in entrepreneurship research. Journal of Business and Entrepreneurship, 29(1), 49-71.
- Hall, K., Mero, N., Cheramie, R. (2016). Reflecting on performance feedback: A proposed framework for the effects of counterfactual thinking on individual learning. Academy of Human Resource Development 2016 International Research Conference.
- Hall, K., Harrison, D., & Matthews, R. (2016). Synergy in the making: The role of strategic human resource practices in the creation of a marketing dynamic capability. Western Academy of Management 2016 Conference.