Professor of Art
Dan Gunderson, professor of art at Stetson for more than 35 years, teaches ceramics, drawing and sculpture. He's shown nationally in every major city and been published widely.
- M.F.A, University of Wisconsin, 1974
- B.F.A., University of South Dakota, 1968
- Ceramics (hand-building and wheel-throwing); introductory and advanced
Areas of Expertise
Dan Gunderson, professor of art at Stetson for more than 35 years, teaches ceramics, drawing and sculpture. He's shown nationally in every major city and been published widely. During his tenure at Stetson, he amassed for the university one of the finest contemporary ceramics collections in the state. Having spent 30 years almost exclusively in ceramics, his current works visually express his observation of pop culture. Via the medium of iconic movie characters, his work reflects that we are a composite of our experiences. To achieve this, Gunderson selects and arranges both colors and characters to create figurative amalgamations.
- "Hands in Clay," Speight, Charlotte, Mayfield Publishing Company, 1989-1995
- "Sculpture Technique Form Content," Williams, Arthur Davis Publications, Inc., Worchester, Mass., 1995
- Orlando Arts Magazine, Jan./Feb. 2006
- PH-FR (German magazine published by Pädagogische Hochschule), February 1999
- "CERAMICA," Published in Spain, 1986
- "Extending the Media," Art and Activities Magazine, May, 1981