Planning an Event
Filling out Forms
- Complete an Application Form. The deadline for the 2019-20 academic year is April 15, 2019.
- Complete both the Checklist and Contractor Agreement. The contracts must be signed by the visitor and the vice president for finance. Copies of the signed contracts should be provided to the artist/lecturer and the Artists and Lecturers Committee (the "committee") chair.
- Artists/lecturers must also complete a W-9 form(individual or company, depending on the type of event) to be filed with the Office of Finance.
- Complete a check request and submit it to the committee chair for the account number and signature.
- Forms should be completed as soon as possible, and no later than two weeks prior to the performance to ensure prompt payment. Similarly, the committee chair, whose approval is required before any funds may be disbursed, must be notified two weeks before the event.
- Some speakers who work with bureaus and agents may have their own contracts as well. If so, the same procedures must be followed for those contracts as previously outlined.
- If you plan to request cultural credit for this event, complete the Request for Cultural Event form and submit it to the dean of the College of Arts and Sciences ten school days prior to the event.
Logistics and Planning
- Find an appropriate on-campus venue for the event and schedule the date immediately.
- As soon as a date and location are determined:
- Notify the committee chair, Stephen Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notify Stetson Today via the Stetson Today Story Idea form. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for the story to appear.
- Submit the event to Ad Astra via the Submit an Event form.
- Contact any other constituencies who may help promote the event and increase attendance (e.g., professors in relevant areas, student groups, etc.).
- Event presenters/planners are responsible for creating their own promotional materials for the event. The committee logo should appear somewhere on any promotional materials (e.g., posters, programs, tickets, etc.). Please credit the committee for its sponsorship on all promotional materials. The logo is available for download.
- The committee chair must be notified if tickets are being sold for the event. Any box office revenues must be remitted to the committee.
- Contact the committee chair to discuss payment details.
Other Important Issues
- Event presenters/planners are encouraged to request additional funding from the committee (if necessary) closer to the actual date of the event that may be available due to cancellations. Presenters/planners are also encouraged to request additional funding from other sources where appropriate (e.g., Values Commitment Steering Team, Program Allocation Committee).
- The committee chair must be notified immediately if an event has been canceled.
- Recipients of committee funds are required to submit an Artists and Lecturers Series Event Report, highlighting attendance, local media coverage, etc.
- Committee funds are only to be used for events as approved by the committee. Additionally, the committee must approve any changes to the original proposal (such as a substitute speaker/artist). The committee chair must be notified as soon as possible of any potential changes and a new proposal must be submitted. Funding is not guaranteed.