Thanksgiving Weekend Energy – Saving Opportunities
Before you leave for the extended weekend, remember to do your part to help us save energy!
How You Can Help:
- Turn off all computers, monitors, speakers and printers.
- Unplug all chargers, fans, coffee makers, radios and other items that are plugged into an outlet and can be unplugged without damage.
- If you have a thermostat:
- For Some – make sure the fan is set to “Auto” and turn the temperature back to the unoccupied* set point (82 degrees in cooling mode or 55 degrees in heating).
- For All Others – Return the +/- 2 degree setting to “0.”
- Unplug and clean out refrigerators.
- Close blinds and tilt the slats upwards.
- Last one out: Turn off the lights!
*Occupied/Unoccupied set points can be found in the university’s Energy and Water Conservation Policy.
Energy Inquiries, Troubleshooting:
Phone: (386) 822-8822
Email: [email protected]