Be Part of History with the Stetson 2072 Time Capsule!

The 2072 Time Capsule, sponsored by the Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society, is a guaranteed way to cement your legacy at Stetson University! The capsule will be placed under the new construction of the Cici & Hyatt Brown Hall for Health & Innovation — and will be opened 50 years from now in 2072.

Twenty lucky members of the Stetson community will be chosen to put an item in the time capsule. One Phi Alpha Theta students said, “If I were chosen to place an object in the capsule, I would write a letter to future Phi Alpha Theta members. I would write about my college experience, the lessons I have learned, the people who helped me on the way, the classes I enjoyed and what it means to me to be an undergraduate historian at Stetson University. This letter would hopefully show the timelessness of the discipline of history, and that even though the world has drastically changed over the last few decades, our love for Stetson and the pursuit of intellectual development have not changed.” All entrants will also be invited to write a short note, which will be put in the twin capsule.

Tickets are $5 each, or five tickets for $20. To purchase online, go to https://www.stetson.edu/forms/artsci/history/. Proceeds will go to fund the Phi Alpha Theta State Conference, hosted by Stetson this year, and academic travel for history students.

Please email the History Department Admin, [email protected], for questions or concerns.