Help Us Celebrate!

It’s that time of year when I ask for your support in celebrating our graduates. On Dec. 12 and 13, we will host 432 graduates from our Class of 2020 through six ceremonies on the Stetson Green. To do this, I need your help.

Graduate check-in: Graduate check-in will be held in the Rinker Field House. We will need volunteers to assist with placing chair cards for each ceremony, greet/temperature checks at the door, and line hosts to direct graduates where to sit.

Ceremony: We will need volunteers to assist with temperature checks, ticket scanners, placing pre-bagged programs/masks/individual hand sanitizers on a table for guests to pickup themselves. Graduate programs will be pre-set on chairs prior to each ceremony. We will also need volunteers to provide directional support for our guests in finding their seat according to their ticket.  Volunteers will be provided hand signs reminding guests to remain socially distant and to keep their masks on.  I have arranged for security support to assist with any guests not interested in keeping their masks on or remaining in their seat, and then assisting in asking guests to leave immediately following each ceremony.

All of this, six times. I have created two shifts per day (7a-12p / 12-4p) for each location as well as happy to accept offers to those willing to help throughout. I know this is a big ask and appreciate anytime you can offer to assist.  I also ask that you help spread the word and share this with your co-workers.

Please email me directly at jhunter2@stetson.edu as to which day(s) / time(s) you are available.

Thank you in advance!

Julie Hunter
Director of University Events