Raspando Coco is a documentary by Pilar Egüez Guevara about the health impacts and cultural and culinary traditions surrounding coconut by Afro-Ecuadorians in Esmeraldas, Ecuador.
Raspondo Coco immerses us in the streets, farms and kitchens of the Afro-Ecuadorian community in Esmeraldas and their struggle to preserve their traditions in the face of obsolete medical advice and the rising cost of their traditional foods. The event will be followed by a Q/A session with the documentary producer, Dr. Pilar Eguez Guevara.
*Cultural Credit Available*
Date/Time: Thursday, Oct. 22, from 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
The event is co-sponsored by the following programs:
1) La Casa Cultural Latina (World Languages & Cultures Dept.)
2) Latin American & Latino Studies Program
3) Africana Studies Program
4) Sustainable Food System Program
5) Sociology and Anthropology Dept.
- You have three ways to join this event:
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Manual entrance through the Zoom app:
- Meeting ID – 850 3931 0190
- Dial by your location: a. +1 646 558 8656 US (New York) b. Meeting ID: 850 3931 0190 c. Passcode: 842173 d.
- Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbtXzRqOpX