COVID-19 Cases on the Rise
Over the past few weeks, Florida has seen a rise in COVID cases across the state. You may have noticed that there is a rise in cases within our local region. While there is debate as to why numbers are rising, one thing we know for sure is that practicing proper physical (social) distancing can drastically reduce the spread of COVID-19! Below are ways in which your actions can make a difference in keeping our campus and greater community safe and healthy:
- Assess your surroundings before you go out:
- How many people will I interact with?
- Can I maintain physical distancing? (6 feet apart)
- How long will I be interacting with people?
- Will I be indoors or outdoors?
- What practices can you take to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Avoid close contact with people (hugging, hand shakes, shared materials)
- Wear your mask!
- Using hand sanitizer after every store/location.
- Wash your hands when returning home with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Check out location-specific COVID prevention practices before you go:
- Check websites and social media to see if locations have disclosed updated safety guidelines.
- Call to ask if staff are wearing face coverings at work.
- Confirm if a face mask is required for your attendance.
- Stay home if you’re sick:
- Do you have flu like symptoms?
- Have you been exposed to any COVID positive cases?
It is critical that you know the steps to take if you believe you are sick or have been in contact with a positive COVID case. Any member of the Stetson community who has been to campus in the last 14 days and feels they may have come into direct contact with the virus causing COVID-19 or is experiencing flu-like symptoms (fever over 100.3, cough, shortness of breath, possible nausea/diarrhea, possible loss of taste/smell) should alert Stetson immediately. Steps to do so include:
- During business hours, call Health Service at 386-822-8150.
- After Business hours, call Public Safety at 386-822-7300.
- Fill out this online form: Stetson University: COVID-19 Report a Concern Form.
- If you are concerned about someone else’s exposure, please let us know, don’t just tell them to do so!
For more information, visit the Stetson FAQ regarding COVID-19 and “what we do when someone is sick.”