Let’s Talk Racism on June 23
Let’s Talk Racism
Tuesday, June 23
2:30 – 4 p.m.
The Stetson community cannot authentically respond to injustice without first acknowledging the depth of the problem. Namely, the depth of the pain caused by racism.
Stetson students and recent alumni are invited to share their experiences of racism on campus and in the DeLand community, as all present bear witness to these stories in the hopes of identifying patterns and having the opportunity to address and create actionable solutions at Stetson.
All stories will be facilitated by the following panelists who will hold space for students to share and listen with respect and intention on a virtual platform (password: 594327).
- Joanne Harris-Duff, Director of Diversity and Inclusion – Moderator
- Amanda Castoire, Coordinator of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Kimberly Tilus, Associate Director for Student Development and Campus Vibrancy
- Lindsey Carelli, Associate Director of Interfaith Initiatives
- Sam Friedman, Hillel Director
We encourage anonymous submissions for anyone who does not feel comfortable sharing their story out loud. Please submit anonymous stories here. Staff panelists will give voice to as many of these stories as possible during the event.
This is the first of a two-part series. Join us on Thursday, June 25, from 2:30-4 p.m. for Let’s Talk Action.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” – Maya Angelou