Intro to Practical Legal Skills — Seniors Only
For seniors only:
Imagine getting a crash course from your law school before you even apply!
We are excited to announce Stetson University College of Law’s new summer enrichment course, Intro to Practical Legal Skills. If you have ever wondered how to prepare for the nuts and bolts of law school while enjoying the guidance, teaching and support of leading faculty, staff and alums, this is the program for you! This course will be offered from June 19 – July 2, 2020, and will focus on exposing students to critical reading of legal cases, the fundamentals of legal reasoning and the foundation of successful writing skills. In so doing, students will be familiarized with universal legal doctrines and will have opportunities to discuss important issues impacting law and society.
Examples of topics include:
- Listening, Critical Reading and Thinking on Your Feet
- Understanding How to Learn in Various Legal Contexts
- The Story Behind the Law: History, Philosophy and Business Realities
- Law in the World Beyond Us: Cultural Competency and Global Citizenship
- The Role of Law and Advocacy in the Personal and Social Sphere
This course will take place online asynchronously and synchronously. It will be free of charge and will not be for credit. To sign up please contact Karla Davis-Jamison at firstname.lastname@example.org.