FREE Flu Vaccine Is Still Available At Health Service!
If you have not received your flu shot yet, please consider getting one now FREE at Stetson Health Service. It’s Not Too Late to Get Your Flu Shot!
With increased influenza activity, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends that people who have not yet received an influenza vaccine this season get vaccinated now against influenza. It is not too late. This recommendation is for those 6 months of age and older.
CDC recommends these approaches to fighting influenza (flu):
- The first and most important step is to get a flu vaccination each year.
- If you get the flu, there are prescription antiviral drugs that can treat your illness. Early treatment is especially important for the elderly, the very young, people with certain chronic health conditions, and pregnant women.
- Everyday preventive actions may slow the spread of the germs that cause respiratory illnesses like flu.
- Try to avoid contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with flu-like symptoms, stay home for at least 24 hours after the fever is gone.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and then throw the tissue away.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use an alcohol-based hand rub when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated.
For more information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/flu/index.htm
Stetson Health Service 386-822-8150