This Weekend: Volunteer at the DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts
DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts is scheduled Nov. 23-24 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts presents local, national and international musical performances for two days. Visitors to the festival enjoy a broad range of music representing a variety of styles: blues, folk, rock, jazz and other unique musical genres.
The outdoor stage music performances are presented at the Pioneer Park Stage (Rich Avenue). In addition, there are individual street performances, plays and films presented during the festival weekend. The Youth Performance venue at the Athens Theatre is also major feature of the DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts.
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Booth Sitters: Volunteer to spend 15-30 minutes in the artist booth while the artist takes a break — watch over items in booth but make no monetary transactions.
- Artist Oasis: Volunteer to assist with the food service that is provided to artists in the early morning and at noontime.
- VIP Parking: Volunteer to be present and visible at the entrance to the VIP Parking lot — request parking pass from those who want to enter.
- Information Booth: Volunteer to provide general information, directions to an artist booth or an event location; sell t-shirts and posters.
- Volunteer Center: Volunteer to provide any needed assistance to staff, artists, etc., and work with the volunteer chair to see that festival needs are met.
If you anticipate any barriers to your access, participation, transportation to or inclusion in this opportunity, please contact the Center for Community Engagement.