Student Counseling Services is excited to offer QPR training on Oct. 22 from 2 – 4 p.m.
QPR stands for Question, Persuade and Refer — the 3 simple steps anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide.
Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade and refer someone to help.
If you are interested in attending the training, please contact George Gressman at firstname.lastname@example.org to register by Oct. 18.
The training is limited to 30 participants, so please sign up to guarantee your spot!
If you are interested in learning more about QPR, here is a link that explains more about the training: https://qprinstitute.com/about-qpr
This training is for students who have completed the Kognito training and desire additional skills in being able to assist with someone dealing with suicidal ideation.
Haven’t completed the Kognito training yet? You can access it at any time from MyStetson, by following these instructions:
- Sign into MyStetson.
- Go to the Student Life tab; then Mind, Body, and Spirit.
- Select Kognito At Risk for Students Suicide Prevention Training.
- This links to stetson.kognito.com; sign in using your Stetson login.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- Reset your name by clicking on the 800 number in the right corner.
- Launch At-Risk for Students.