New Cloud-Based Phone System
Dear Stetson Community,
Stetson’s Information Technology department is pleased to announce the adoption of a new cloud-based phone system to update our current phone systems. With this new university-wide system, calls can be answered using your computer, a phone app, or a traditional handset! We are in the process of preparing for the installation, and we are expecting full implementation by July 1, 2019. In the meantime, we would like to share some highlights.
With the new phone system, you will be able to:
• Keep your extension.
• Answer your extension from your cell phone when traveling, if you choose.
• Eliminate adding “5” for outside calls.
• Use your current headset with the new phones.
• Access voice mail notifications in your Outlook email.
• View the full Stetson Corporate Directory. Regardless of your location, you can search names throughout all Stetson either from the desk phone, application or softphone.
• Obtain training and help documentation online and/or at live sessions.
This new cloud-based phone system will not only consolidate existing aging systems into a university-wide solution, but will also provide business continuity in case of a natural disaster even if our campuses are inaccessible.
IT will be contacting each department to coordinate the migration and gather information about your specific phone needs. Our goal is to make this transition as seamless and transparent as possible. IT will post frequent announcements not only highlighting new features but also sharing the progress of this exciting project! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by contacting the Help Desk at email@example.com.
-Office of Information Technology