- Would you like to take control of your living & learning experiences?
- Does the idea of living in a single-family home with people who have a common goal excite you?
- Are you someone who has a desire to work with others to solve a complex world problem?
- Are you a student leader of an organization that is making an impact in our community here at Stetson, in DeLand or beyond, and looking to enhance that impact?
- Are you a faculty member who is eager to find new ways to encourage students to connect their classroom learning with experiential learning experiences?
Expand your Stetson experience by developing a Community Catalyst House Proposal.
Community Catalyst Houses are a living and learning option that engages returning students in an environment at Stetson where living, learning and values meet. Students with common (academic or community) interests who have a desire to enhance our campus and community will live together in a residential single-family house environment to meet a challenge facing our community! This program is designed to empower Stetson students to think deeply about their experiences, Stetson, the DeLand community and our global society. Students are encouraged to be imaginative and design their own community by exploring one’s intellectual passions and values, in addition to gaining an awareness of the reality in which others at Stetson and in DeLand experience day to day.
Returning students interested in proposing a NEW! Community Catalyst House for the 2019-2020 academic year must submit their proposal in Hatter Sync TODAY!
Priority Proposal submission deadline has been extended to April 24, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. Visit this link to access the proposal submission form in HatterSync.
Applicants who are interested in living in an upcoming Community Catalyst House, apply through Housing Central by completing the Residential Learning Program Application. Applicants interested in living in a selected Community Catalyst House will have the ability to change rooms without penalty.
Check out 2018-2019 Themes
- Sustaining Green-Living
- Arts on the Rise
- Multilingual Living
Have questions? Contact Jessica Day in Residential Living and Learning at email@example.com.