VOTE! Rides to the Polls and FAQ on Election Day
Election Day is here!
Rides to the Polls: On Tuesday, Nov. 6, Stetson Votes will be providing “Rides to the Polls” for all students who are registered to vote in the state of Florida.
- Where: Meet at the “VOTE HERE” sign in front of the Rinker Welcome Center.
- When: Every hour on the hour on Tuesday, Nov. 6 (8 a.m., 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m., noon, 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.). Polls close at 7 p.m., but if you are in line at 7 p.m. at your precinct you will still be allowed to vote.
- What to bring:
- ID: Bring either (a) a government-issued photo ID that has your photo and signature, or (b) your Stetson student ID that has your photo AND another card that has your signature (such as a credit/debit card)
- Information: Helpful non-partisan sources of information include the West Volusia Beacon’s 2018 Voter Guide, the Daytona Beach News-Journal 2018 Election News page, and the League of Women Voters.
- Sample Ballot: If you are registered using your campus address (421 N. Woodland Blvd., DeLand, 32723), then you can download an exact copy of your ballot here (goo.gl/MecppC) beforehand, which you can print, write notes on, and bring with you when you vote to make voting easier.
Don’t need a ride? If you want to walk, bike, or drive yourself to go vote, great! You can use this website to locate your precinct: Supervisor of Elections Precinct Locator.
#StetsonVotes! When you vote, take a photo with your “I Voted!” sticker and post it using #StetsonVotes. Let others know why voting is important to you.
Questions? If you have questions about voting or if you run into any issues, text (386) 320-9076 with your name and question and a member of the Stetson Votes team will get back with you quickly.
The Stetson Votes team