Charity Fundraiser with Belk, Stetson and AAUW – Buy your $5 ticket to attend the Belk Charity Sale, Nov. 3
Buy your ticket now to attend the Belk Charity Sale and raise scholarship funds for local middle school girls to attend Stetson’s 2019 AAUW Central Florida Tech Trek. The Charity Sale will be held Saturday, Nov. 3. Cost to attend the sale is $5. Store prices will be reduced for this special sale to support local charities, including Stetson’s AAUW Central Florida STEM Tech Trek Camp.
Stetson and the American Association of University Women (AAUW) will hold a Central Florida Tech Trek summer camp for middle school girls to learn about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) in 2019. The cost of this week-long, life-changing summer camp is $1,100 per girl, but parents pay only $50, so girls of all economic levels can attend. Stetson professor, Dr. Shawnrece Campbell, will be the camp director.
Private Sale: Must Purchase Belk Charity Day Ticket to Participate – one ticket per individual. Email or call Carol Gorski Buckels for your ticket: [email protected], 386-738-6686.
- What: Fall 2018 Belk Charity Day Sale
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3, from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Where: Belk Department Stores in DeLand and Port Orange
- Price: $5
- The full $5 ticket price goes to AAUW 2019 Tech Trek scholarships for girls from our local communities to attend the camp. Belk also raffles off an additional $1,500 to two participating nonprofits!
What Is the Belk Charity Day Sale? The Belk Charity Day Sale is a private, four-hour sale dedicated to supporting local non-profit organizations. You must have a ticket to shop the sale. Free gift cards to the first 100 customers!
The local charities will have the opportunity to raise money while private sale customers receive extra savings on Belk purchases store-wide, including special savings on rarely discounted brands.
What is Tech Trek?
- Local middle school science and math teachers identify girls to attend Tech Trek.
- Girls apply and are selected to attend the camp.
- Attendees reside on a college or university campus.
- During the week of camp, girls attend a daily math or science core class.
- Girls perform hands-on activities throughout the day.
- A one-day field trip enhances STEM learning.
- Girls interact daily with women STEM role models.
- Girls hear from women STEM professionals at a Professional Women’s Night.
Thank you for your consideration and support!
Carol Gorski Buckels, Daytona AAUW Branch Member
Stetson Director of Grants, Sponsored Research and Strategic Initiatives