Flu Vaccine is Now Available at Stetson Health Service!
Stetson Health Service has received their supply of flu vaccine and is ready to help you complete this most important step in fighting the flu. We are offering FREE vaccines to the first 240 requests!! That’s right, 240 FREE vaccines. Thanks to the generosity of SGA, Health Service was able to purchase 160 more vaccines than last year. Health Service can’t think of a better way to thank SGA than for you to come get your flu shot today!
The CDC recommends a three-step approach to fighting influenza (flu).
- The first and most important step is to get a flu vaccination each year.
- If you get the flu, there are prescription antiviral drugs that can treat your illness. Early treatment is especially important for the elderly, the very young, people with certain chronic health conditions and pregnant women.
- Everyday preventive actions may slow the spread of the germs that cause respiratory illnesses like flu.
- Try to avoid contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with flu-like symptoms, stay home for at least 24 hours after the fever is gone.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and then throw the tissue away.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use an alcohol-based hand rub when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated.
For more information: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/index.htm
Call Health Service at 386-822-8150 to make an appointment for your flu shot. http://www.stetson.edu/administration/health-service/