The Brown Center for Faculty Innovation and Excellence is once again offering the multi-part course design (or redesign) workshop series in the Spring 2018 semester. Through this engaging, hands-on series of workshops, participants will use backward design to develop innovative courses that …
- foster transformative learning experiences.
- engage students with complex questions.
- use a dilemma, issue or question as an organizational principle.
- clearly define learning around Essential Learning Outcomes.
- include pedagogical practices and strategies that have high-impact on learning and are inclusive of all learners.
- use authentic assessment to measure learning at the source.
What’s the Big Idea? – engage students through complex questions.
Essential Learning Goals – write learning goals that are appropriately challenging, foster critical thinking and prepare students for success as global citizens.
High-impact Pedagogies – develop inclusive assignments and activities that challenge.
Authentic Assessment– create assessments that reliably measure student learning, promote critical thinking, improve your grading experience.
Reflect & Share – share your work with your peers.
Please indicate your interest on the survey below. Locations and times will be announced early in 2018.