Holiday Travel Safety Tips from Public Safety
Are you and your family planning to drive to a holiday get-together this year? Whether you’re heading back home or to a favorite vacation spot to celebrate the holidays with family or friends, Public Safety has some simple tips to help make your drive a smooth one, so you can arrive at your destination safely and without incident.
- Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained. If maintenance is not up to date, have your car and tires inspected before you take a long drive.
- Map your route in advance and be prepared for busy roads during the most popular times of the year. If possible, consider leaving earlier or later to avoid heavy traffic.
- Keep anything of value in the trunk or take it with you and always remember to lock your car doors.
- When parking at night remember to park in lighted areas.
- Have roadside assistance contact information on hand, in case an incident occurs on the road.
- In case of an emergency, keep a cell phone and charger with you at all times.
With a little prep, you can leave the road-trip stress at home and enjoy your holiday with family and friends.