Spring Break Energy Initiative
Before you leave for break, remember to do your part to help us reduce unnecessary energy consumption!
Spring break is a great opportunity to reduce Stetson University’s annual carbon footprint. Over the break, the following heating and cooling practices will be in effect:
- The occupied* schedule hours for most non-residential buildings will be reduced to university business hours.
- Other buildings will be scheduled according to posted spring break hours.
How You Can Help:
- Turn off all computers, monitors, speakers, and printers.
- Unplug all chargers, fans, coffee makers, radios, and other items that are plugged into an outlet and can be unplugged without damage.
- If you have a thermostat:
- For Some – make sure the fan is set to “Auto” and turn the temperature back to the unoccupied* set point (82 degrees in cooling mode or 55 degrees in heating).
- For All Others – Return the +/- 2 degree setting to “0”.
- Unplug and clean out refrigerators.
- Close blinds and tilt the slats upwards.
- Last one out: Turn off the lights!
*Occupied / Unoccupied set points can be found in the university’s Energy and Water Conservation Policy.
Energy Inquiries, Troubleshooting:
Phone: (386) 822-8822