$1,000 Scholarship Opportunity for College Women
This new national scholarship provides college-bound and college-aged women with up to $1,000 in funding to help fulfill their dreams or goals.
A comprehensive education includes not only what you learn inside the classroom, but also out-of-classroom experiences. Unfortunately, though, many young women do not have access to these essential experiences due to a lack of funding.
To address this issue 1,000 Dreams Fund’s mission and initial goal is to provide critical funding to 1,000 women in the U.S. Once met, the Fund will set its next big goal. Since its launch in 2015, the 1,000 Dreams Fund has awarded 20 students with up to $1,000 in funding to support out-of-classroom opportunities and educational expenses critical to success in the real world.
In honor of their mission to fund girls and their awe-inspiring dreams, the 1,000 Dreams Fund just announced the launch of its first-ever 1,000 Dreams Challenge, a four-week long photo caption campaign on social media with $2000 at stake.
More about the Challenge:
· The 1,000 Dreams Challenge invites young women in the U.S. to submit a photo that shows how they are living their career or professional dream here: on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, using the hashtag #1000DreamsChallenge
· Along with the photo, entrants are asked to include a caption that best describes what they are doing to reach their career or professional dream. See example below.
· The 1,000 Dreams Fund’s social community and the entrant’s followers/fans will vote for the most inspiring photo submission.
· The five top-voted photos will become finalists from which the 1,000 Dreams Fund team will pick one grand prize winner to receive a $1,000 grant along with two runners-up who will receive $500 each.
· Winners will be announced on Tuesday, November 24th – just in time to let them celebrate over the Thanksgiving holiday!