Faculty Senate Meeting Monday, 9/29/2014, 6:30 p.m.
Agenda – Faculty Senate Meeting, Sept. 29, 2014 (Draft)
Call to order – 6:30 p.m.
Approval of minutes from August 25, 2014, meeting (linked here, or see Blackboard > Faculty Senate > Senate Documents)
Bob Huth, Chief Financial Officer
Lua Hancock, Academic Success Center
Resche Hines, Institutional Research (tentatively scheduled)
Senate Committee Reports
- Faculty Welfare Committee (linked)
- Academic Affairs Committee (linked)
- Committee on Committees (included in Bylaws Committee documents below)
- Senate Bylaws Committee (proposed new governance structure, and corresponding edits to Section 3 of the SU Policies and Procedures Manual, “Academic Affairs.”)
- Executive Committee (proposed revisions to T&P procedures)
- Look over proposed Summer Academic Calendar
Reports of Senate Representatives on University Committees
- Univ. Athletics Committee
- Univ. Faculty Compensation Committee
- Univ. Faculty Budget and Finance Advisory Committee
Chair’s report: The Admissions Committee will be advising Enrollment Management executives as the university shapes its medium and long-term enrollment management strategies.
Progress of Program Opening and Closing Policy (Davis)
Proposed schedule of senate and faculty meetings (Appendix)