Documentation Reminder for International Students
The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) has issued the following reminder for all international students, including returning students, regarding the documents you should have on you when entering the United States.
Please note this is different than prior years.
It is important that you hand-carry (instead of packing in checked luggage) the following documents:
- Valid passport with valid F or M visa (if applicable)
- Signed Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status”
- Proof of financial support
- 24-hour emergency phone number, if necessary (386-822-7300)
You also should consider bringing the following:
- Evidence of acceptance to your school, like a recent tuition payment receipt or acceptance letter
- Proof of paying the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee.
If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org