Imagination vs Knowledge, Gary Starkweather
The Finance Department will be hosting a Roberson Executive Lecturer on Thursday, March 21. Gary Starkweather, retired from Microsoft, has quite an impressive background in technology and imaging sciences. He will be presenting his lecture entitled “Imagination versus Knowledge” from 4:00-5:00 p.m., Rinker Auditorium, LBC 108. The Stetson community and public are welcome! Cultural credit will be given for students who attend and sign in. Following are highlights of Mr. Starkweather’s career.
- Inventor of the laser printer Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, California
- National Inventors Hall of Fame 2012
- Technology Hall of Fame 2002
- Over 43 years in imaging sciences
- Holds over 44 patents in the fields of imaging, color and hardcopy devices
- Career includes working with: Steve Jobs, Apple; Bill Gates, Microsoft. Although retired from Microsoft, he still does consulting.
- Bachelor of Science, Physics, Michigan State University,1960
- Master of Science, Optics, University of Rochester,1966
We have scheduled a “meet and greet”, lunch and faculty presentation from 11:30-2:00 in LBC 135. Please RSVP your attendance no later than Tuesday, March 19, so we may adequately prepare for lunch.