Student Callers for Spring 2013 Phonathon
Spring 2013 Phonathon will begin in March following the Spring Holidays.
The Phonathon offers a unique opportunity to build communication skills, network with alumni and develop attractive work experience as an ambassador of the University – all while being paid!
- · Contact alumni of Stetson to educate them on the importance of the Annual Fund.
- · Establish a positive rapport with the alumni you call.
- · Respond positively to problems and answer any questions about the University.
- · Request a gift to the Annual Fund. If necessary, negotiate the pledge amount.
- · Update address and employment of all alumni contacts.
- · Maintain records of each evening’s calls.
- · Follow all other procedures and guideline in the training manual.
- · Keep all donor information confidential. Forms should not be discussed among callers or outside of the building.
- · Strong verbal communication skills
- · Comfort in soliciting personal donations from alumni
- · Persistence in securing a pledge and negotiating the pledge amount
- · Organizational abilities and attentiveness to details
- · Ability to work as part of a team and with senior staff support
- · Enthusiasm for Stetson, its mission and programs
- · Phonathon shifts run Sunday through Thursday from 6 – 9 p.m.
- · Applicants must be able to commit to a minimum of 2 shifts per week.
- · Phonathon callers will be paid according to their individual work-study pay rates.
- · All pay will be included on their paychecks and be issued on their normal payday.
Phonathon Employment Application is located at:
The application can be: e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or faxed to 386-740-3658,
or mailed to 421 N. Woodland Blvd., Unit 8279,
or delivered in person to the Office of Development on E. Michigan Ave.