Future-proof your degree with a Data Analytics minor.
Data is already an integral part of the business world, and its use only continues to expand. The demand for data analysis skills is expected to grow by 59.3% between 2018 and 2023 and is already a required skillset for over half a million job postings each year in the US.
The ability to break down, comprehend and make use of this data is an invaluable skill set.
- Available to all majors
The expertise of two university departments, Computer Science and Business Systems and Analytics (BSAN), combines to provide a well-rounded foundation in computing, statistics, databases and analytics.
The Data Analytics minor's curriculum flexibility allows you to select from a variety of courses, empowering you to engage with the topics that will best supplement your future career goals.
View our course curriculum to see what we offer.More Info
Visit to see our beautiful campus to yourself.More Info
Stetson University's School of Business Administration is fully accredited by the AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, a prestigious accreditation.
Faculty members are actively involved in innovative research, scholarly activities, professional organizations and consulting services. Program faculty include
- Shahram Amiri, Ed.D, College of William and Mary
- Fred Augustine, Ph.D., Florida State University
Joshua Eckroth, Ph.D., The Ohio State University
- Hala El-Aarag, Ph.D., University of Central Florida
- Daniel Plante, M.E., North Carolina State University, Ph.D., University of Notre Dame
- John Rasp, Ph.D., Florida State University
- Madhu Rao, Ph.D., University of Toronto
- William Sause, Ph.D., Nova Southeastern University
- Betty Thorne, Ph.D., Indiana University
- Joe Woodside, Ph.D., Cleveland State University
- Petros Xanthopoulos, Ph.D., University of Florida
Data proficiency makes you a competitive applicant across a variety of industries, including finance, healthcare, technology and public administration.
In 2018, 516,762 job postings in the US required data analysis skills, including 20,853 in the state of Florida.
Data analysts enjoy high entry-level salaries, earning an average of $62,000 a year in the first two years following graduation. Related careers include
- Data Analyst
- Business intelligence Specialist
- Data Scientist
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Management Analyst
Top employers of data analysts nationwide include Anthem Blue Cross, U.S. Bancorp, Cox Communications, Accenture and Wells Fargo.