Higher Education Administration and Supervision
- Master of Science Degree
Start this upcoming Fall of 2022 at our Valencia College West Campus Teaching Site.
The Stetson University Master of Science in Higher Education Administration and Supervision program prepares candidates for careers in higher education supporting both higher education students and professionals.
This program prepares candidates to support, change and enhance higher education through personal growth, intellectual development, and global citizenship by creating opportunities for self-reflection, creativity, and self-discovery, supporting academic inquiry through best practices, developing appropriate personal professional and ethical standards, and advancing opportunities for social justice, diversity, inclusion and community engagement.
Our program blends theory and practice with the technical skills needed to lead higher education institutions in the 21st Century. Program completers are prepared to enter careers in positions including enrollment, advising, student services, faculty development, human resources, instructional design, academic and student affairs, accreditation, and disability services.
The Stetson University Master of Science in Higher Education Administration and Supervision connects to local goals and trends in higher education by preparing candidates for the realities of leadership in higher education institutions in Florida. According to the recent US News and World Report rankings, Florida is the number one state in the country for higher education based on degree completion, program offerings, cost of in-state tuition and fees, and overall average student debt.
This program starts in the fall, and alternates between Stetson's campus in DeLand and its teaching site at Valencia College West Campus. The program is offered in two courses per semester, in eight-week blocks on weeknights during the Spring and Fall Semesters for both Year 1 and 2 of the program. During Summer Semesters, students will take one course over an eight-week block, and their second class will be a 120 Hour Internship each Summer.
Candidates in Stetson University’s Master of Science in Higher Education and Supervision will
- prepare for a rapidly changing and diverse workforce in higher education
- develop the necessary skills for visionary leadership and continual growth within the evolving structure of higher education
- identify regional, state-level, national and international trends in higher education administration and supervision
- support faculty and senior-level administration to enhance the higher education institution’s organizational mission and vision
- distinguish between administrative departments in higher education including student services, academic affairs, and campus support and how each administrative department serves each other to accomplish institutional goals
- assess how effective higher education institutions connect program, department, and institutional data to appropriate resource allocation specifically for the institutional mission and vision
Our leading faculty members of the Department of Education are highly regarded among Stetson University students and graduates alike.
Our faculty are always willing to engage with prospective students who are interested in the program. You may request an appointment with a graduate faculty member and our Office of Graduate Admissions will help you confirm the appointment.
This is a two-year, 36-credit program, consisting of eight-week courses with one in-class session one weeknight a week during the semester and awarding a Master of Science in Higher Education Administration and Supervision. It prepares students for leadership roles in higher education, specifically in the areas of
- Academic Advising
- Career Development
- Accountability and Student Support
- Faculty Leadership
- Student Retention
- International Education and Study Abroad
Use the Career Insight tool to see what opportunities look like for you.