Flex MBA for Professionals
The Flex MBA combines in-person meetings in DeLand with online coursework to provide the flexibility you need. The program creates a focused environment for you to gain a competitive edge to meet the demands of today's organizations. Beyond business knowledge, the Flex MBA curriculum focuses on critical thinking and leadership skills that will continue to serve you throughout your professional life.
Next Program Start: January 2021
Application Deadline: December 1, 2020Related programs:
Master of Business Administration - Online Health Administration + Business Administration
You don't need to wait until the end of the program to see results—skills learned in class on Saturday can be implemented at work on Monday.
- 8-week courses
- Online and in-person delivery methods
- Career and leadership coaching
- 16 months to completion
- No GMAT required*
You won't be going through it alone. Each incoming class moves through the Flex MBA as a cohort, with students beginning and ending the program together. Beyond your cohort, every student has a full support team of program staff, counselors, career coaches and faculty mentors committed to your success.
*Students must submit a GMAT or GRE test score to be considered for Stetson scholarships.Course Catalog
Elect to Learn Abroad
As a program elective, Flex MBA students have the option of traveling to an international location to observe foreign industry, including both local and multinational businesses. The trip, which is included in the tuition, takes place after fundamental coursework has been completed so that differences in application across the diverse business disciplines can be appreciated. As opposed to a classroom, business practices and environments are studied in real time.
Graduates often cite in their exit interviews that their international course was one of the most rewarding experiences of their time in the program. Destinations are chosen based upon the size and diversity of the industry of the city as well as the overall economic climate of the country. Prior locations include Turkey, Hungary, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Dubai and South Africa.
Our leading faculty members of the School of Business Administration are highly regarded among students. Among other awards, members have been selected as Teacher of the Year, Service Provider of the Year and Researcher of the Year.
- William Andrews, PhD, University of Georgia
- Yiorgos Bakamitsos, PhD, Northwestern University; Associate Dean
- Michael Bitter, PhD, University of Mississippi; Rinker Distinguished Professor of Accounting; Director of the Master of Accountancy Program
- Jon Carrick, PhD, University of Glasgow
- Valrie Chambers, PhD, University of Houston
- Giovanni Fernandez, PhD, Florida International University
- Kelly Hall, MS, Stetson University
- Matthew Hurst, PhD, University of Central Florida
- Scott Jones, PhD, University of Oregon
- Neal P. Mero, PhD, University of Florida; Dean
- Stuart Michelson, PhD, University of Kansas; Roland and Sarah George Professor of Finance; Chair of the Department of Finance
- B. Madhu Rao, PhD, University of Toronto
- Ram Subramanian, PhD, University of North Texas
- William Sause, PhD, Nova Southeastern University
- John Tichenor, PhD, Florida State University
- Petros Xanthopoulos, PhD, University of Florida
- Joe Woodside, DBA, Cleveland State University
The Flex MBA for Professionals allows students to engage in true developmental coaching with a trained executive coach. Our coach utilizes tools and strategies that are grounded in research with proven effectiveness in a business setting. Many of the tools and strategies deployed are first introduced in the cohort setting, where activities elevate understanding and mastery of the concepts. Then, individual coaching sessions are conducted at specific increments to practice and apply these strategies. The coaching sessions are personalized to meet the needs of each individual's professional development plan over the 16-month program and beyond.
When Stetson MBA students bring their fresh knowledge, skill and ambition into the office, coworkers and higher-ups notice. That's why a Stetson MBA leads to career advancement, increased opportunity and a higher salary. Alumni work for a variety of organizations.
Use the Career Insight tool to see what opportunities look like for you.