College Audition Workshop for Vocalists
This workshop is designed to give high school juniors and seniors who are looking to pursue collegiate vocal study a chance to practice their audition technique in an audition-like setting. Participating students will have 15 minutes to perform their audition repertoire and be coached by our panel, and then they'll be able to learn from watching their peers have the same experience. Each participant will also go home with a comment sheet from each member of our panel. The panel includes a current Stetson voice major, a Community School of Music professional voice teacher, and a member of Stetson University's Voice Faculty. This will be an invaluable experience for the future college voice major!
- Workshop will take place on December 19th, with sessions starting at 10 am, 12 pm and 2 pm.
- Each session will last for an hour and half, and will include 6 participants.
- Each singer should have at least one piece of classical vocal repertoire prepared. Two pieces may be heard if time permits.
- Sessions will be held at Stetson University, in McMahan Hall.
- The cost of this workshop is $40.00. Please pay on or before December 19th. You can pay in person, over the phone, or by mail via cash, check, or credit card.
- Participants are encouraged to wear their audition attire.
How to register:
- Please register by December 1 by contacting Kirsten Shippert at firstname.lastname@example.org or (386) 822-8962 and include the following information:
- Your name
- Your grade
- Your preferred session time
- Your school and choir director
- Private voice teacher (if applicable)
- Voice part
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Mailing address
- Register early! Sessions will fill up fast!