Application - Cape Town, South Africa
All students participating in the summer abroad program must read the Worldwide Caution and the South Africa Fact Sheet from the U.S. Department of State. Also, see Resources and CDC - Swine Flu Information.
The Student Agreement Form must be digitally signed on your application. The Application Form is available online. A $50 application fee is required, payable by Mastercard or Visa.
Formal Method of Communication with StudentsEmail is the official method of communication with all students on matters relating to the program. Stetson students will be contacted through their Stetson email address, and non-Stetson students will be contacted through the email address they provide to Stetson on their application for the study abroad program.
Submit Online Application (along with application fee and enrollment deposit)
IMPORTANT: Your application is NOT complete until the application fee AND enrollment deposit has been submitted (a total of $350). We cannot reserve a spot for you before these payments are received. These payments can be submitted through your online application. Please note that if you are denied acceptance into the program, your enrollment deposit will be refunded.
Family members are not permitted to join this trip.
Application deadline extended: April 1
NON-STETSON and CO-SPONSORING or PARTNER law student applicants (CHARLESTON, FAMU, MERCER, NOVA, OCU, ROGER WILLIAMS) should submit:
- Online application form, $300 deposit; and
- Co-sponsoring or Partner school applicants: Remit payment for the balance of the cost of the program to your home institution by April 1. Please note your home school is billed and will collect all remaining balances less the deposits.
- Submit a certified copy of your law school transcript to Stetson (c/o Int'l Programs Office, 1401-61st Street South, Gulfport, Florida 33707), and
- Submit the Law School Questionnaire to Accompany Study Abroad Student Application completed by your Law School Dean to Stetson (c/o Int'l Programs Office, 1401-61st Street South, Gulfport, Florida 33707) that also authorizes your attendance at the Stetson program.
Non-Stetson law school applicants: Remit payment for the balance of the cost of the program to Stetson by April 1. If you will be applying for financial aid, please contact your home school financial aid office to request a Consortium Agreement (which is sent to Stetson to be completed and returned to your home school). Please fax the Consortium Agreement to Stetson at 727-231-0723 or email it to [email protected].
STETSON students should submit:
- Online application form, $300 deposit and
- Remit payment for the balance of the cost of the program to Stetson by April 1.
Enrollment will be limited to 40, and applicants will be considered in the order of receipt of application and fee. The application form and a program deposit of $300 must be received by Stetson no later than March 15, to receive priority consideration. This deposit will be applied to the final invoice if the applicant is accepted and will be refunded if the applicant is denied. The final payment of the balance on all fees, including housing, is due April 1.