Information Technology - Email and Digital Signatures
Digital email signatures ensure the authenticity of an email, as well as the integrity of the content within it. Additionally, a digitally signed email cannot be repudiated; in other words, the email cannot be spoofed.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook
- Click on the File tab, then select Options
- Select Trust Center, then click the Trust Center Settings… button
- Choose Email Security, then check the box next to Add digital signature to outgoing messages
- Click OK to save your options and close any open pop-up windows
- Please review these steps about adding digital signatures to outgoing messages or contact I.T. for additional support.
Once enabled, anyone that you send an email to will notice a red badge icon on your emails, as well as a “Signed By” status line.