Stetson offers webinar on balancing Title IX with academic freedom
Stetson University College of Law is offering a webinar for higher education professionals on balancing Title IX compliance with academic freedom on June 13 from 2-3 p.m. Webinar attendees will take away practical tips to create a safe and enriching learning environment through Title IX compliance and response systems while protecting and promoting academic freedom.
Stetson’s Charles A. Dana Chair and Director of the Center for Excellence in Higher Education Law & Policy Peter F. Lake will present on topics including:
- evaluating Title IX policies and procedures with respect to First Amendment requirements;
- making specific improvements on instructional design and delivery;
- understanding the interrelation of OCR’s Title IX Guidance with the 2003 guidance on hate speech;
- effective training initiatives for Title IX investigators and others on “hostile environment”;
- and improving communication with faculty about new and emerging Title IX mandates.
Professor Lake is an internationally-recognized expert on higher education law and policy and the co-author of The Rights and Responsibilities of the Modern University: The Rise of the Facilitator University.
The webinar cost is $299. To register, visit https://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventId=1844854.
For more information, call 727-562-7392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post date: May 26, 2016
Media contact: Brandi Palmer | email@example.com
727-562-7381 office | 727-430-1580 cell