Nation’s leading conference on science, technology and the law in St. Petersburg, Fla. Nov. 2-5
Contact Brandi Palmer
Gulfport, Fla. –
WHERE: The Renaissance Vinoy Resort and Golf Club in St. Petersburg.
WHEN: Nov. 2-5
WHO: Speakers include:
- Dr. Jan Garavaglia (“Dr. G” on TV), Chief Medical Examiner for Osceola and Orange Counties, providing an inside view of forensics and TV.
- Glenn R. Schmitt, Acting Director of the National Institute of Justice.
- Dr. James Young, Special Advisor to the Deputy Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness for the government of Canada, talking about using forensics to manage pandemics and mass disasters.
- Tracking of sexual predators
- Identity theft
- Forensic psychology
- Science, law and law enforcement of methamphetamine
- Biogeographical ancestry prediction based on DNA
- Fingerprint evidence
- Less than lethal devices
- Case law update
- Technology, research and education
Sponsored by the National Institute of Justice and the National Clearinghouse for Science, Technology, and the Law at Stetson University College of Law.
Post date: Nov. 1, 2006
Media contact: Brandi Palmer | firstname.lastname@example.org
727-562-7381 office | 727-430-1580 cell