Major Upgrade on Banner
As announced during the summer, the university’s administrative system (Banner) is undergoing a major upgrade. The new version (Banner 9) will be implemented over the Winter break from December 22 – 24, 2017. Banner and myStetson will not be available during this time frame, so it will be necessary for you to complete your transactions by close of business on December 21, 2017.
Beginning January 2, 2018, you will be able to use both the new Banner 9 (in its beta version) AND the current Banner (version 8).
- Banner 9 is not a new application, just a new navigation system – Its functionality still works in the same familiar way.
- Data that you review and update will be available simultaneously in both versions of Banner – you will NOT need to duplicate your changes.
- Since Banner 9 is completely web-based, there is no need to install/upgrade Java on your machines to run Banner 9.
- Users will gain enhanced usability and navigation, as well as the flexibility to run Banner on any browser.
- Some custom functionalities currently available in Banner 8 will not be immediately available in Banner 9 when it goes live in beta mode in January. They will be added as needed over the Spring 2018 semester.
Ultimately, Banner 8 will be retired prior to the start of the Fall 2018 term. Therefore, we encourage staff to begin doing most (if not all) work in Banner 9 starting in January 2018, utilizing Banner 8 for reference only until it is retired.
If you have any questions, please contact EIS@stetson.edu.
Post date: November 17, 2017, in Faculty,