Live Event and Webinar: What is the Benefit of a B Corporation? And Does Your Business Have a Social Benefit?
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Stetson University College of Law
1401 61st Street South, Gulfport, FL 33707
Join the St. Petersburg Bar Association Business Law Section and Stetson University College of Law at this 3-hour CLE event discussing the pros and cons of social purpose corporations (SP) and benefit corporations (B).
In June 2014, Governor Rick Scott signed into law, social purpose and benefit corporations, corporations that are for-profit ventures with a social benefit for the community, the environment or others. Have you had clients ask you about SP and B corporations? Could you answer their questions? Join Gary I. Teblum, Esq., and Professor Clark Furlow for this lively discussion on how to advise your clients in this age of new corporations.
Topics will include:
- What are B and SP corporations?
- History and significance of these corporations
- How are they different? How are they similar?
- Why B, SP, LLC or non-profit?
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Relationship to certified B corp and B labs
- Formation/election processes-New Entity or Existing Entity
- Interplay with existing Florida corporate law
- Change of status by way of merger
- Conversion or share exchange
- Director and officer obligations and liability shield
- Benefit enforcement proceedings
- Annual benefit reports and third party standards: Tax implications
- Panel discussion on the popularity and value of these corporations
- Q&A session
$125 Standard Rate
$100 Non-Profit Rate
$50 Webinar Rate
3 hours CLE have been applied for (application pending).