Past Conferences: 2019 Special Needs Trusts - The National Conference
Oct. 16-18, 2019
The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club
St. Petersburg, Florida
Celebrating 21 years, Stetson's National Conference on Special Needs Planning and Special Needs Trusts is the premier conference for you and your colleagues to attend! This conference is a must for anyone working in the field of special needs planning. The conference offers three days of programming with national recognized speakers who will cover major issues in special needs planning as well as in the creation, administration and monitoring of special needs trusts.
Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019
- SSA Mechanics Boot Camp: This new half-day program features four general sessions with up-to-date information on POMS, appeals hearings and what to do next.
- Veterans Benefits Intensive: This half-day program will feature an update from Chief Judge Robert N. Davis, U.S. Court of Sppeals for Veterans Claims, an overview of the Office of General Counsel of the Department of Veterans Affairs by the VA General Counsel, and training on veterans benefits from The Honorable Michael P. Allen, U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, and Professor Stacey-Rae Simcox, Stetson University College of Law. *
- Tax Intensive: Full-day program, with breakouts, will focus on the tax issues from experts in the field of tax and planning from across the country.
- Pooled Trusts Intensive: Full-day program, with breakouts, will focus on issues for pooled trusts administrators, attorneys and others who work with pooled trusts.
*VA accreditation requires approval from a State bar association and must also satisfy the requirements of 38 C.F.R. § 14.629(b)(1)(iii), Stetson University College of Law will apply to the state of Florida for CLE credit and the agenda will meet the requirements of 38 C.F.R. § 14.629(b)(1)(iii). Attendees will then be required to submit on their own for VA accreditation.
Thursday, Oct. 17 & Friday, Oct. 18, 2019
- Stetson's National Conference will start on Thursday and Friday mornings with general sessions on a variety of important topics, followed by breakout sessions on cutting-edge topics in the afternoon. Friday morning general session features a not-to-be-missed experts panel. The conference closes with the popular session "The Update" by Robert W. Fechtman and Robert B. Fleming.