Recommended Books and Movies for New Students
Books - Fiction
- To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
- Herzog, Saul Bellow
- Any from the Robert K. Tanenbaum series about Butch Karp
Books - Nonfiction
- A History of American Law, Laurence Meir Friedman
- A Short History of Western Legal Theory, J.M. Kelly
- The Brethren, Woodward and Armstrong
- The Defense Never Rests, F. Lee Bailey
- One L: The Turbulent True Story of a First Year at Harvard Law School, Scott Turow
- Outrage: The Five Reason Why O.J. Simpson Got Away With Murder, Vincent Bugliosi
- The People vs. Clarence Darrow, Geoffrey Cowan
- A Civil Action, Jonathon Harr
- A Machine That Would Go of Itself: The Constitution in American Culture, Michael Kammen
- Toward a Feminist Theory of the State, Catherine MacKinnon
- My Life on Trial: An Autobiography, Melvin M. Belli
- Gideon's Trumpet, Anthony Lewis
- What Everyone Should Know about Economics and Prosperity, James D. Gwartney and Richard L. Stroup
- "True Believer"
- "Class Action"
- "Roger and Me"
- "A Civil Action"
- "Gideon's Trumpet"