The Business Case for Sustainability
Rescheduled Date: TBD
Explore the impact sustainability management has on our lives, ecosystems and bottom lines.
Sustainability makes a difference. As Central Florida's population rapidly grows, putting increasing strain on our ecosystems, community leaders and businesses are seeking innovative opportunities to enjoy the economic benefits of this growth while protecting the natural resources on which we all depend.
Stetson University's seminar, The Business Case for Sustainability, provides a practical, in-depth approach to sustainable business practices. Our subject experts will prepare you to lead, manage and transform your current business into a more sustainable operation while also gaining cultural and financial buy-in.
Real World Application
Over the course of the seminar, participants will be given opportunities to translate theory into practice as they are guided through the process of how to
- Find win-win opportunities for sustainable changes with a positive impact on the bottom line
- Justify sustainability goals to organizational decision-makers
- Gain competitive advantage while satisfying customer needs through green marketing
Meet the Experts
The seminar experts have over 80 years of combined experience with Florida ecosystems, sustainability management and green building.
- Wendy Anderson, Ph.D., professor and chair of the Department of Environmental Sciences and Studies, Stetson University
- Chris Castro, director of sustainability, City of Orlando
- Deborah Goldring, Ph.D., professor of marketing, Stetson University
- Clay Henderson, J.D., executive director of the Institute for Water and Environmental Resilience
- Ken LaRoe, CEO, First GREEN Bank
- John Tichenor, Ph.D., chair and associate professor of management, Stetson University