The Path to Earning Your Project Management Credentials
- 35 Hours Estimated Length
- Virtual Hybrid
- 3.5 CEUs
The Path to Earning Your Project Management Credentials course is designed to completely cover the fundamentals of managing projects that can be applied across all industries. This program will provide real-world tools and skills to ensure that projects finish on time and on budget.
While preparing for real-world project management careers, participants will fulfill the educational requirement to take the CAPM® (Certified Associate in Project Management) or PMP® (Project Management Professional) exam.
Who Is It For?
The workshop is intended for project managers, project leads, subject matter experts, team members, business analysts, technical specialists and others interested in earning the PMP credential, no matter where they are in the process.
In this course participants will be able to:
- Define requirements for PMP® certification and the credentialing process.
- Assess individual personal study needs and develop a study plan for exam preparation.
- Identify exam-taking and memorization tips and techniques.
- Understand the purpose of PMI’s PMP® Examination Content Outline, May 2020 for the exam update beginning January 2021.
- Apply the concepts of the project management processes, inputs, tools, techniques and outputs to practice questions.
- Apply generally recognized good practices to project situations.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the 10 PMBOK® Guide Knowledge Areas and the five process groups.
- Understand material beyond the PMBOK® Guide that are needed to pass the PMP® exam.
- Understand and apply the content in the performance domains, process groups, knowledge areas, and processes described in the PMBOK® Guide and the Examination Content Outline.
- Use sample exams to gain an understanding of the types of questions that may be asked.
- Improve project management competency.
Workshop Format – Blended Learning
This course is designed to be presented in a blended learning format with a combination of ten, 2.5-hour virtual instructor-led sessions, at-home assignments, and two in-person 4-hour instructor-led workshops. In addition, students will receive a 30 minute, one-on-one PMP prep coaching session. The course will be structured as follows:
Course Dates and Outline
Week 1: Session 1 & 2 (May 4 and May 6)
Week 2: Session 3 & 4 (May 11 and May 13)
Week 3: Session 5 & 6 (May 18 and May 20)
Week 4: Session 7 (4-hour Workshop Session #1 May 27)
Week 5: Session 8 & 9 (June 1 and June 3)
Week 6: Session 10 (4-hour Workshop Session #2 June 10)
Week 7: Session 11 & 12 (June 15 and June 17)
30-minute 1:1 will be scheduled separately with instructors and students.
Session 1: 2.5-hour live virtual session: Course Introduction and Project Management Overview, Pre-test review
Session 2: 2.5-hour live virtual session: Scope
Session 3: 2.5-hour live virtual session: Stakeholder Management
Session 4: 2.5-hour live virtual session: Schedule Management
Session 5: 2.5-hour live virtual session: Schedule Management continued
Session 6: 2.5-hour live virtual session: Cost Management
Session 7: In-person 4.0-hour workshop #1: Cost Management continued and project review session
Session 8: 2.5-hour live virtual session: Quality Management
Session 9: 2.5-hour live virtual session: Resource Management and Communications Management
Session 10: In-person 4.0-hour workshop #2: Risk Management
Session 11: 2.5-hour live virtual session: Procurement Management
Session 12: 2.5-hour live virtual session: Integration Management and Project Presentations
Session 13: One-on-one coaching session
Materials include both the Achieve PMP® Exam Success textbook and the participant guide. The textbook has detailed explanations about domains, process groups, knowledge areas and processes, as well as a comprehensive case study. The participant guide follows the instructor-led presentation.