Optimizing Operations and Managing Crises
- 3 Hours Estimated Length
- Self-Paced Online
- Access: One Year
- .3 CEUs
A lot of hard work goes into optimizing operations, particularly during a crisis. This course, based on prize-winning content from Inc. Magazine, provides you with a toolkit to streamline your operations, prepare yourself and your team for threats to your business and communicate during a crisis.
Who Is It For?
This course provides practical, hands-on operational and crisis management advice and solutions to CEOs, entrepreneurs and small business leaders.
This course explores the importance of the operations side of your company's business. It also prepares you to provide strong leadership when faced with crises or hazards that may threaten your business.
- Explore technological solutions to streamline your business operations
- Consider ways to apply artificial intelligence to your company's operations
- Articulate the different types of crises and hazards that may threaten your business
- Discuss how bad PR can hurt your business
- Develop a crisis communications plan
- Explain when a public apology may, and may not, be appropriate
- Develop a contingency plan for emergency preparedness
- Develop a business continuity plan for catastrophic circumstances
About Inc. Magazine
Inc. is the only major business magazine edited exclusively to guide CEOs and owners of small-to-midsize companies to success. Inc. provides fresh, insightful analyses to give the major players in the business world the tools they need to excel. Included with this course is a one-year complimentary subscription to Inc. Magazine, beginning with the current issue.