To participate in the J.D./M.B.A. program you must first apply to the College of Law and successfully be admitted. Upon completing your first year of law studies, you may then apply to add the M.B.A. degree to your program. You must be admitted into the J.D. program, offered by the College of Law, and the M.B.A. program, offered by Stetson University's School of Business Administration, independently. All entrance requirements for both programs must be satisfied.
The required graduate coursework for the M.B.A. portion of the J.D./M.B.A. program consists of 18 credit hours of M.B.A. core courses, which are listed below. The remaining 12 hours for the M.B.A. degree must include LAW 3255 - Corporations or LAW 3154 - Business Entities and nine hours from the list of directed electives from the law curriculum.
BSAN 591 and FINA 511
BSAN 507 and MGMT 596
ACCT 520 and MKTG 516
Law school students must abide by credit hour restrictions of the Law School. Additionally, all requirements for both programs must be maintained to participate in the J.D./M.B.A. program.
- Students are be required to maintain the minimum GPA specified for each program. (Business 3.0; Law 2.0)
- Students must maintain a GPA within the top 75 percent of the law class. Students whose ranking falls within the bottom 25 percent of their law class will not be permitted to continue in the dual-degree program until their rank returns to the top 75 percent of their law class.
- Participants in the J.D./M.B.A. program must complete the requirements set forth in the Stetson University Catalog for both the School of Business Administration and the College of Law. Both degree programs must be completed before either degree will be conferred.
- Fall 2017: Saturday, July 1
DeLand, Celebration and Gulfport
- Jan. 17 - First day of classes
- Jan. 16 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (no classes)
- Feb. 15 - Deadline to apply for graduation in May 2017
- Mar. 6 - 10 - Spring Break (no classes)
- Apr. 14 - Good Friday (no classes)
- Apr. 11, 12 13, 17 - Last day of class
- Apr. 18, 19, 20, 24 - Final exams (during normal class time)
For more information, please see the J.D./M.B.A. website.