Graduate Education Student Resources
Graduate students at Stetson University have access to virtual and in person rescources. To name a few, we have the virtual library, writing center, counseling services, virtual fitness classes, and much more! Go Hatters!
Office of Student Financial Planning
- Loans are currently the only source of financial aid offered to our graduate students.
- To be eligible for financial aid, a student must complete the FAFSA each academic year.
- Stetson University's federal school code is 001531 when completing the FAFSA.
If you have questions about federal student aid, please contact the university's Office of Student Financial Planning at 386-822-7120.
- Academic Calendars can be viewed on the Registrar's webpage (Calendars are listed by Graduate Program)
- Request transcripts.
Tuition and Fees
In-Service Tuition Scholarship
Stetson University offers up to a 40% tuition scholarship for graduate-level students employed full-time for nonprofit organizations as teachers, administrators or counselors, as well as members of the clergy under contract. These scholarships are for students enrolled in Counseling, Education, or certification graduate programs with the College of Arts and Sciences.
- The In-Service Scholarship form must be completed prior to the first day of each term.
- Stetson login credentials required
- The tuition scholarship amount is determined by the number of credit hours enrolled.
- Please allow for processing time for the scholarship to reflect on your billing statement.
- Students must submit proof of employment to the Office of Student Financial Planning.
If you have questions about the in-service tuition scholarship, please call the Office of Student Financial Planning at 386-822-7120.
Teacher Scholar Award
Stetson University offers eight one-course scholarships to School District's of Volusia, Seminole and Flagler County employees of a minority seeking admission into Stetson University's graduate education program. Information regarding these scholarships is sent to the district's Professional Development Office and Superintendent.
Value: One three-credit hour course
Federal Loan Forgiveness Program
Under the Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program, if you teach full-time for five complete and consecutive academic years in a low-income school or educational service agency, and meet other qualifications, you may be eligible for forgiveness of up to $17,500 on your Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans and your Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans.
If you have a Direct Consolidation Loan or a Federal Consolidation Loan, you may be eligible for forgiveness of the outstanding portion of the consolidation loan that repaid an eligible Direct Subsidized Loan, Direct Unsubsidized Loan, Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan or Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan.
Deadline and Eligibility: See website
Value: Up to $17,500
Complete the application for graduation at the beginning of the semester in which you plan to graduate. The graduation fee will be charged to your student account. Regalia orders are placed separately.
Note, students are responsible for sending their transcripts to the Florida Department of Education to update their Professional Teaching Certificate. Please make sure the necessary language has been applied to your transcripts before completing your transcript request.
More information may be found at the Commencement homepage