Adult Degree Completion
Finish strong in a creative community where learning and values meet.
Complete your bachelor's degree with the Stetson University Adult Degree Completion Program in organizational leadership, a program that will both prepare and empower you to succeed in today's global society. Develop quality aspects of leadership like critical thinking, creativity, emotional intelligence and ethical decision-making.
* We are currently not accepting applications for the Adult Degree Completion Program.
The B.A. in organizational leadership is specifically designed for working professionals who want to finish their college degrees. This program is offered in a 100% online format, and a highly-structured hybrid format which combines face-to-face classes and online coursework.
As a student in this program, you will join a cohort of typically 15-25 individuals with a wide range of experience in diverse industries. Collaborate with and learn from your peers as a cohesive team with support from faculty facilitators.
Learn more about the program's 16-course schedule.More Info
View our course requirements to see what we offer.More Info
Many adult students have engaged in learning outside the formal classroom. You may be able to turn experiential learning into valuable college credits through our Credit for Prior Learning option (see below).
Credit for Prior Learning
Because what you've done in life matters.
The Adult Degree Completion program respects the knowledge, skills and wisdom you bring to the table. The experience you have gained over the years matter and can earn you up to 80 academic credits. Of the 80 credits, up to 64 can be transfer credits and up to 16 can be Stetson University residency credits. What makes this awesome? You can save time and money by earning credit this way.
Prior Learning Assessment Benefits
- Validates that learning gained through work and life experience is worth college credit
- Earn credit for your accomplishments
- Eliminates duplication of learning
- May reduce the cost of obtaining your degree
- May shorten the time to complete the program
- Enhances your critical thinking and research skills
- Gaining increased awareness about what you already know
- Shawnrece Campbell, Ph.D., English, Kent State, M.B.A., Stetson University, director of adult degree completion in organizational leadership, associate professor of English
- Wendy Anderson, Ph.D., biology, Vanderbilt University, professor and chair of environmental science and studies
- Melinda Hall, Ph.D., philosophy, Vanderbilt University, assistant professor of philosophy
- Michael Hill, B.M., Curtis Institute of Music, adjunct professor of music, double bass
- Stuart Michelson, Ph.D., finance, University of Kansas, M.B.A., University of Missouri, B.S., mechanical engineering, University of Missouri, professor of finance
- Megan O'Neill, Ph.D., English, University of New Mexico, associate professor of English
- Joshua Rust, Ph.D., philosophy, University of California, associate professor of philosophy
- Rajni Shankar-Brown, Ph.D., curriculum and instruction, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, associate professor of education
- John Tichenor, Ph.D., sociology, Florida State University, associate professor of management
Characteristics of Program Graduates
There are strong characteristics you will gain as a graduate from the Adult Degree Completion program:
- Analytical Decision Maker - Develop the lens, tools and techniques to inform decision making.
- Big Picture Thinker - Focus on the core issues and develop inspiring vision and direction.
- Change Agent - Become the conduit to new directions and products.
- Communicator - Master the art of clearly transmitting verbal and written messages with confidence.
- Leader - Achieve results and empower others.
- Problem Solver- Design solutions for solving complex problems and utilizing multiple perspectives.