Counselor Education COVID-19 Resources and Updates
Resources for use with COVID-19
For our students and alumni, we'd like to share some information with you to help during this time.
- Taking Care of Yourself
- Simple Activities for Children and Adolescents
- Parent Caregiver Guide Outbreak Factsheet
- Family Resilience and Traumatic Stress Providers
- 5 Principles of Resiliency, Pandemics and Lord of the Rings
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction eight-week Free MBSR course
- Positive self-talk during the Coronavirus situation, Anxiety is Enemy of Your Immune System.
- Helping kids cope with anxiety during Coronavirus situation, 3 Quick Tips
- How to use mindfulness in a pandemic, Our Calm is Contagious
- Overcome Fear and Loathing In the Age of Coronavirus, 5 Steps to Sanity and Serenity
- Healthy Coping Skills, Focus on the Things You Can Control
A colleague shared this resource they created to help children understand the Coronavirus. We thought it might be helpful to your families, friends or clients.
To the counseling community, my colleagues and I put together a free booklet for kids to learn about and cope with corona. Please feel free to use with clients, students, and families near and far!
Kellie Giorgio Camelford, Ph.D., LPC-S, NCC, NCSC, Registered Play Therapist
Need reminders about social distancing? Listen to this playlist!
- Social Distance Blues - From our quarantined house in Southern California to yours, please enjoy, James “Jim” Ruby, PhD. The Family Institute Northwestern University
- Cant Touch This
- From A Distance
- Don't Stand So Close To Me
- Alone Again Naturally
- All By Myself
- Keep Your Hands To Yourself
- I Can't Get Next To You
Timely Information on Telemental Health Counseling
Part Two: Practical Tips for Counselors
Answers to Counselor Education Online and Virtual Learning
Please keep up-to-date with all the information regarding Stetson University and COVID-19.